Soo excited to tell you about Little Words Project, they are a FEMALE OWNED Business who are changing the culture with how women interact with other women and treat themselves. Known for putting inspirational words on a bracelet, the idea is that you wear your bracelet (or key chain!) for as long as you need to be inspired by the word (Dream, Fearless, and Breathe are some of the words) and then you pass it on to a female in need when you are feeling "stronger" from wearing your reminder. What's not to love?! This is the perfect gift for girls of all ages!
Check out my mini interview below with the #bossbabe behind Little Words Project Adriana Botti and then shop the inspiring words here. Don't forget to use THESINGLEGIRLLIFE to get 15% off your order! Xoxo
What does being a #BossBabe mean to you?
Being a #bossbabe means doing whatever you do, and doing it to the best of your ability. Whether you’re running a company, starting a blog, raising a family, or hustling at night to finish up a last minute assignment in order to graduate, being a #bossbabe means making it HAPPEN with strength and grace, and always believing that you can.
Why did you create Little Words Project?
I created this company to bring something meaningful into Girl World that would impact women and change the way we speak to each other, and to ourselves. Growing up dealing with major bullying from other girls, I felt safe and strong when I was able to look down at my wrist and see inspirational words on my bracelets that I made for myself. I knew girls from all walks of life would be able to relate to these bracelets if I began making them on a larger scale, so I did exactly that!
What are your favorite words to wear and why?
My favorite word to wear is strength. I feel like it’s a word I can use anytime, no matter what. I always need a little extra strength, and I love passing that one on too because anyone can relate to it.
What’s your favorite story about a bracelet that has been passed along?
One registration we noticed was passed around from teacher to teacher in an elementary school inspiring each different teacher depending on who needed it the most. As we followed those registrations, we realized how important that one little reminder of inspiration was to so many teachers who really do have such a difficult and important job.
What impact do you want LWP to have on society?
I hope LWP can help change the way girls think about themselves, and treat other girls. If enough girls spread our mission of kindness, through the bracelets, through the words on their bracelets, and through their stories, we feel like we can truly impact Girl World as a whole. We hope that instead of immediately acting on meanness- girls will automatically start to act on niceness instead.
Summer is officially upon us, and I don’t know about you but I’m ready to run wild and free! There’s something about the summertime, even if you have a 9 to 5, that will always give me that “school is out for the summer” feeling. Here are some tips to make sure you have the best summer ever!
1. Make sure you have the perfect swimsuit! - Whether you live near the beach, lake, or you’ll be taking a trip to your local pool, make sure you have one, two, maybe three of the perfect swimsuit! Here are some of my favorites with websites to check out to find your new favorite suit!
2. Visit a Theme Park - There’s something about visiting a theme park that takes me back to my childhood days. Invest in a season pass and try to go early to beat the crowds.
3. Read a Good Book - On those summer nights when you’re stuck at home or maybe even when you’re relaxing at your choice of body of water, you’ll need a good book to read! I LOVE anything Reese Witherspoon recommends. Here’s a list of some of the books that caught my eye from her list.
Check out those books and her June Book Club choice here.
4. Try Something New in Your City - Be Creative, there's always something new to try BUT if you're out of ideas, come back next week for a list specific to Los Angeles of things to try AND maybe some of the things will be in your city too!! :D
5. Plan a Weekend Getaway - 9 to 5s can be tricky when it comes to vacationing, so the next best thing is to plan a weekend getaway! Make sure you choose somewhere that will encompass one of these three things - Your Adventure Spirit, Your Love for Food, Your Need to Relax. If you live in SoCal or even the West Coast here are some places that should definitely be on your list.
Hopefully you're able to do at least one of these things to kick your summer off the right way, comment below to let me know what you're thinking of doing.
Single. LA Living. Loves: Traveling, Fashion, and Beauty. Has A Really Cute Doggy. Constantly Navigating my Crazy Thoughts on Dating and Men. Ready for the Journey?
All And Stronger Bad@ss Women You Should Know About Boss Babe Businesses Empowered Fashion/Beauty Lifestyle Living Fearless Monthly Theme Random Thoughts Relevant Thoughts For Today's Modern Woman Travel