When you think of a cruise, what do you imagine?
Is it 70+ year old men and women out on the rooftop deck playing shuffleboard?
That’s how it used to be, but all of that has changed (Thank Goodness!) many cruise lines are making sure they market to the millennial crowd. Which is smart considering many of us have caught the dreadful travel bug.
But why cruise?
And which one?
One millennial marketed cruise ship that’s really becoming a game changer is called U by Uniworld. Offering trips in France, Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands to name a few they are really creating a different “cruise ship” experience. Here is why I’ll be using them as soon as I can.
Make sure to check them out here, and hopefully I’ll see you sailing in the near future. Xoxo, @kellithinks
4 Years Ago, I became addicted to traveling!
Rewind a bit, I was a workaholic who only cared about getting to the next level of my career and making money. Nothing wrong with that, but I was not living a balanced life. I wasn’t dating, I barely saw my friends, AND I wasn’t seeing new places.
I finally got burned out and decided the best way for me to recover was to go on an overseas adventure! At the time I had always wanted to go to London, and I was going to make that happen.
And I did! I had the best time of my life experiencing Europe and I caught the “Wanderlust Bug” and couldn’t wait to go back. I work in production in the Entertainment Industry, so I’m great at planning things. So when traveling became my “new thing” I may have gone a bit overboard figuring out the best traveling tips. Now, I want to share them with you because whether you’re going solo traveling or with a group there’s no need to stress about your travels and there’s almost ever No Need to go through a travel agent if you do your research.
I’ll be covering…
Hope you get inspired this March and plan your next adventure soon!
One of the best ways for a new traveler to see the world is through a group tour. That’s how I started exploring the world. There are soo many different ones to choose from, but you have to make your group tour work for you! Here are some tips to do that below…
1. Choose the Right Tour Company - The are soo many different tour companies these days and you have to do your research and see what’s right for you. What do you want to get out of your trip? Do you want to party? Do you want a cultural experience? Do you want something fast paced? Slow paced? Make sure when choosing your tour and company you call and ask what the age range is of the tour. People in their earlier 20s tend to party more and it’s more fast paced. If the median age is 28+ chances are it’ll be a more cultural experience and not heavily focused on being fast paced and partying. Ex. I have done Contiki Tours and found that their European Tour was fast paced with the perfect amount of partying, Greek Islands Tour was definitely party based, and their Spain/Morocco Tour was a slower paced cultural experience. Same company different offerings. Just do your research! When I first started traveling I wasn’t aware of these things (especially when I was in Greece) hindsight I would’ve chosen a different company visiting their specifically or I would’ve gone on my own so that I could’ve really experienced more of the food and culture and history of Greece.
Here are some companies I recommend looking into for your next Tour Company Travel Adventure.
2. Make the Tour Work for You - Remember, just because you’re apart of a tour group doesn’t mean you have to be around them 24/7. There’s free time when you can explore whatever city you’re in on your own, at your pace, doing what you want. I highly recommend doing this!! You’ll spend a lot of time with your group (Usually Traveling by Bus) so it’s nice to get away.
3. Take Advantage of Your Tour Guide - They’re highly seasoned travelers so ask them questions so you have info for your next adventure. They love to chat and give information/tell stories about the different places they’ve been. It’s always great to have ideas and a plan for your next trip. And don’t forget to tip them! Their wealth of knowledge shouldn’t come for free!
4. Avoid Tour Group Drama - It’s going to happen, when you’re on a group tour and with soo many different people and personalities. So just avoid it and enjoy YOUR vacation.
5. Make New Friends - One of my favorite things about going on a tour is that you make new friends from around the world. By sharing the same adventure (and sometimes room), you become close to your fellow travelers allowing for fun memories and someone to reach out to when you’re wanting to go on another adventure. I love staying in contact with people I’ve met traveling, if I’m ever in their hometown or we happen to cross paths traveling again, I know I have someone to reach out too!
If you have a tour group you've traveled with that you absolutely LOVE or a fun group travel story, comment below. I'd love to hear!
Although I live in Los Angeles, often times I forget that I’m in one of the most famous tourist cities in the US. That is until one of my travel friends I met while in Greece came in to town for 24 Hours. Then I was all about making sure she had The BEST 24 Hours in LA. She is a solo traveler like myself, so I wanted to make things as easy for her as possible until I could meet up with her.
Read on to see how you should conquer LA if you only have 24 Hrs to spend in this star studded city.
1st Thing: Ditch Your Luggage!
Drop it off at whatever hotel you’re staying at.
Side Note: I suggest staying in Santa Monica if you can. It’s close to LAX and you’ll be able to drop your luggage without going out of your way. (If you prefer to stay in Hollywood, that’s okay too! We’ll actually start our day here.)
Or if you prefer to not have to deal with dragging around your HUGE suitcase you could always drop it at LAX Luggage Storage and put everything you need in a backpack for the day. After all, you’re only here for a day.
(Future Posts to Come on Best Hotels to stay at on any Travel Budget in Los Angeles and links to every place I mention at the bottom of the post)
2nd Thing: Make Your Way to Hollywood!
Here are three easy ways to make your way into Hollywood on any travel budget.
Now that you’re in the center of Hollywood, here are some things you MUST do while in the area.
Bonus Thing to Do:
Visit the Museum of Broken Relationships (Ever wonder where those fluffy stuffed animal gifts he gave you go to live after your relationship is over? You’ve guessed it, here! All my single ladies, have fun!)
Third Thing: Make Your Way back to Santa Monica!
4th Thing: Get Ready for a Night on the Town!
(For this article I’m taking you out in Downtown LA, so you get to experience more of LA. In later articles, I’ll show you the best restaurants and nightlife in other cities around Los Angeles)
Grand Central Market - This “Food Court” has everything you might want to eat. Don’t worry you won’t find a McDonald’s here. Only Yummy, Trendy, Budget Friendly Food!
Bottega Louie - Come for the Food and Stay for Desserts! Important thing to remember, they don’t take reservations BUT it’s worth the wait!
Perch - You won’t be disappointed with the food and views at this French inspired restaurant! This is a great place to eat and then start your night off right with cocktails (and maybe there will be live music on the night you’re there too!).
EightyTwo - The “perfect” low key atmosphere, great drinks, video games, and music for dancing! What more could a girl ask for??
The Edison - Step back in time to a different era, just make sure you wore the one LBD you packed (strict dress code!). But you’ll love the 40s Flapper Vibe and Burlesque Dancers!
The Standard - If you really want to experience EVERYTHING LA, this is the spot to do it! Make sure you’ve dressed LA Trendy and be prepared to take in The Scene.
5th Thing : Go back to your hotel, try to get a little rest so that you don’t miss your flight in the AM!
Before you head to the airport, grab a cup of coffee at one of the many trendy coffee bars and sit on the sand of Santa Monica Beach one last time. This is one of the best ways to start your day before you continue with the rest of your travels!
This is how I would do LA if I had 24 Hrs to spend here, if you would do it differently, I’d love to hear your thoughts below!
Single. LA Living. Loves: Traveling, Fashion, and Beauty. Has A Really Cute Doggy. Constantly Navigating my Crazy Thoughts on Dating and Men. Ready for the Journey?
All And Stronger Bad@ss Women You Should Know About Boss Babe Businesses Empowered Fashion/Beauty Lifestyle Living Fearless Monthly Theme Random Thoughts Relevant Thoughts For Today's Modern Woman Travel