Wanderlust: A strong desire or urge to wander or travel and explore the world.
WanderLUST: A strong desire or urge to talk to ALL THE BOYS while traveling and exploring the world.
We’re all guilty of the wanderlust spirit. It’s definitely not a bad thing to have. BUT, have you heard of wanderLUST? Being single that is something that definitely happens to me when I travel and I know I’m not the only one ladies, so fess up! I mean how could you not have it? You’re in an exotic location, all the boys are different, you’re your most relaxed self so most likely more open to meeting new people. And is there anything wrong with it? No. You just need to make sure that if you do come upon a wanderLUST situation that you’re getting what you want out of it and not the other way around. Remember you’re also the exotic beauty in the situation, so hold your power ladies.
Here’s how to spot a typical wanderLUST situation.
Are they from the country you’re visiting or traveling as well?
If they’re traveling too most likely they’re just looking to have a good time (all situations are different though) and nothing is wrong with that, you’re on vacation. But set your standards and keep them, you never want to compromise who you are as a person just because you’re on vacation.
Quick Tip: Pick the locals to chat with, oftentimes you come away with friends that you’ll be able to keep in touch with for years and then next time you visit you’ll have a friend!
Was there alot of alcohol involved?
We all know those stories that start with “We had one shot of tequila and next thing you know….” Well those stories happen on vacation too, and even though they’re foreign and exotic, boys are still the same at the core no matter where you live. Sorry ladies!
But like I said, all situations are different. Speaking from personal experience, I had a relationship with someone I met while traveling who was from the U.S. too and it was amazing because he "got me". Because as we know not everyone will understood your wanderlust spirit.
Whatever your decide to do in your wanderLUST situation it so important that you remember to do the below…
Feel Out the Situation - We have an intuition for a reason ladies!
Be Smart - Self Explanatory. You’re in a foreign country so just be smart make sure you’re always aware of your surroundings.
Set Your Standards Ahead of Time - So you don’t get into tricky situations, and those will be different for everyone, no judgement here.
Hopefully all of these tips, will help you make the best use of your wanderLUST time while you’re wanderlusting.
Do you have stories to share good or bad that may be able to help other ladies or so we can share in the fun times?
Let me know below. Xoxo, @kellithinks
10/11/2018 0 Comments
If you’ve been looking for something fun to do this Halloween without going somewhere overly scary, look no further then Nights of the Jack at King Gillette Ranch in Malibu.
I was invited to the preview night, and let me tell you it was an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!
One of the first things you notice when you walk into the event are all of the different photo opportunities. From a themed step and repeat, to hay bales and pumpkins, haunted carriages, and fun fall and halloween cutouts you’ll almost be overwhelmed at all of the different photo opps. BUT if you’re anything like me, you’ll still get a photo with all of them.
They also had some great food trucks on hand. Baby’s Badass Burgers was one of them and D’Amores Pizza. I opted for pizza and it was soo amazing! If you haven’t tried D’Amores pizza yet, what are you waiting for?! Taste just like you’re in Italy. I also had an apple cider from the Joe Coffee Bike Cart which in the chilly Malibu night made me feel like Fall was indeed here. And is there a better feeling then that? I think not.
It gets even better though people, there is a kid free zone (and there will be a lot of kids! So good for families, but definitely nice to have this little get away area.) that sells alcoholic beverages!! They have the cutest themed cocktails and an adorable wine trailer called The Bubble Tap Trailer that serves prosecco and sparkling wine on tap, they also had different seasonal bottled beers if you wish. Pretty sure that Lance Bass has a stake in it too. **Insert all the feels of early 2000s boy band feelings here**
Now for the pumpkin maze! Honestly, words do not do it justice(and neither did my photos or videos.). It is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! You can tell all of the hard work that went into this exhibit (I heard it was two years in the making, and it shows!). Walking into the area you feel like you are in something that could be at Disneyland. And very much like It’s a Small World they had different themed areas with music that went with it in the different areas of the ranch. It was just impressive what they could with these pumpkins. Some of my favorite areas was the Lover’s Lane (They had a Prince Harry and Princess Meghan Markle Pumpkin!!), the Under the Sea area, the Rodeo Drive Walk, The Singing Pumpkins, and The Disney Princess Castle! It was all honestly just a dream.
So if you’re looking for something to do this Halloween season, I definitely recco going to Nights of the Jack at King Gillette Ranch in Malibu! It’s fun, not scary, and truly a different type of museum that you can take the whole family too or just go for a fun night out with your girlfriends!
Has anyone ever done something like this? Or are there some other unique fall activities in Los Angeles that should be on our radar? Tell me below, I’d love to hear!
A most of you know, I LOVE to travel. The further away from Los Angeles the better. When you’re on longer flights though, it is very important to pack the perfect carry on (And when I say carry on I mean the bag you’ll keep under the chair in front of you, not in the overhead bin. :D) . You don’t want to be bored after hour one. Especially if you’re on a say a 28 hour flight to Cape Town, South Africa (Like I’ll be soon! ). I’ve been thinking about the perfect things to pack in my carry on for this journey and I’m excited to share with you. Read on below. And if you need help packing the whole suitcase, check out my article helping you here. Xo
1. The Perfect Bag - So you have your overhead bin carry on, now you need your second bag. My second bag/purse used to be a backpack, but as I’ve gotten older my taste has changed and I don’t really want to use a basic backpack anymore. I’ve found the perfect substitute though, I recommend a Kate Spade Laptop bag which can also function as a big purse OR a Longchamp Le Pliage Large Tote Bag also able to hold several large items including a laptop (if you choose to bring one).
2. iPad/Laptop - I love bringing my iPad on trips, I can store any books I want to read on it without carrying all of the extra weight. It’s also nice to have because if you get a portable keyboard you’re able to do a little internet browsing on it and writing or journaling. If you need to do a little more work on your trips, I recommend bringing your laptop because an iPad can only do so much.
3. Re-Usable Water Bottle - So important to bring because you can fill it up at water stations at whatever airport you’ll be at. This will help you save money so that you don’t have to buy water bottles at all your different airport locations. And if you’re lucky and the water is safe to drink where you’re going you’ll be able to use your bottle at your final destination as well.
4. Snacks - Make sure to carry snacks with you. You may not like what they have on the plane and you don’t want to spend all your money on airport food. Some of my favorite things are chex mix, dried fruit, and gummy bears!
5. Blanket/Pillow - Long flights means you’re going to need to get comfortable. And getting comfortable requires a good neck pillow and a blanket (because sometimes airplanes can get cold). Plus there’s something about a blanket that always makes you feel more comfortable.
Bonus: Compression Socks - Don’t laugh but if you’re going to be sitting on a plane for an extended period of time, these are going to be your best friend! First off, you don’t want to have your shoes on the whole time and being barefoot on a plane is just gross. Secondly compression socks help with circulation which is needed if you’re sitting for long periods of time. Check out the cute compression socks Vim & Vigr sells here.
All of these things should definitely make your next trip very comfortable. What do you think? Which one of those items would be a must on your list? Anything else that you think should be added? Let me know in the comments below.
Who says you can’t have it all? The only person who can put limits on you is you. We’ve entered the last quarter of the year and I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to slow down. I want to go into the end of this year strong, work wise and with my dating life. Who’s with me?? It’s been a long year, no one knows better then me. But we got this! Remember when things seem the toughest, that’s usually when you should keep going.
Read below for a few tips to keep you strong until the end of the year.
1. Make a Plan - For business of course because we all know that life happens when you’re planning it. But definitely make a plan for business. Where do you see yourself ending the year? Was there something you had been wanting to do in your side hustle and you didn’t get around to it? Now is the time to plan on making it happen. Have you just been skating by at work? Reignite your passion or go find something you’re passionate about. There’s nothing worse then dreams that just stand still, so do something to make it happen. I believe in you. Xo
2. Stay Healthy - The end of the year brings on the colder season for many areas in the world which means that the flu and cold will be going around. Make sure you stock up on your vitamins, eat healthy, exercise, and listen to your body. Sometimes it's telling you to SLOW DOWN. Tip: One of my favorite vitamins is Ritual (Monthly subscription vitamins for women with the only the things we need.). Use this code to get $5 off your first bottle.
3. Go On a Date - Whether you’re in a relationship or not. Go on a date to try to change your situation (if that's what you're looking for) or go on one to re-ignite the spark (or make it stronger) in your current situation. As you know, I’m single. I’m not looking to change that with just anyone, but going on a date with someone who could potentially be the one could be exciting. The possibility of something new always is. Or maybe just go on a date with yourself, sometimes you just need to get excited about you again! Sign up for my newsletter to get my 7-Day Guide to Loving Yourself Every Single (And Not So Single) Girl Should Have - if you're looking to date yourself again.
4. Do Something Exciting - Sometimes we get into routines, especially towards the end of the year. So why not switch things up a little? Go to a new restaurant or bar. Go on a fun weekend adventure. Plan a trip for the new year. Whatever it is make sure it’s something for you and not something you would normally do!
Is there something else you would add to this list? If so let me know below.
Single. LA Living. Loves: Traveling, Fashion, and Beauty. Has A Really Cute Doggy. Constantly Navigating my Crazy Thoughts on Dating and Men. Ready for the Journey?