A most of you know, I LOVE to travel. The further away from Los Angeles the better. When you’re on longer flights though, it is very important to pack the perfect carry on (And when I say carry on I mean the bag you’ll keep under the chair in front of you, not in the overhead bin. :D) . You don’t want to be bored after hour one. Especially if you’re on a say a 28 hour flight to Cape Town, South Africa (Like I’ll be soon! ). I’ve been thinking about the perfect things to pack in my carry on for this journey and I’m excited to share with you. Read on below. And if you need help packing the whole suitcase, check out my article helping you here. Xo
1. The Perfect Bag - So you have your overhead bin carry on, now you need your second bag. My second bag/purse used to be a backpack, but as I’ve gotten older my taste has changed and I don’t really want to use a basic backpack anymore. I’ve found the perfect substitute though, I recommend a Kate Spade Laptop bag which can also function as a big purse OR a Longchamp Le Pliage Large Tote Bag also able to hold several large items including a laptop (if you choose to bring one).
2. iPad/Laptop - I love bringing my iPad on trips, I can store any books I want to read on it without carrying all of the extra weight. It’s also nice to have because if you get a portable keyboard you’re able to do a little internet browsing on it and writing or journaling. If you need to do a little more work on your trips, I recommend bringing your laptop because an iPad can only do so much.
3. Re-Usable Water Bottle - So important to bring because you can fill it up at water stations at whatever airport you’ll be at. This will help you save money so that you don’t have to buy water bottles at all your different airport locations. And if you’re lucky and the water is safe to drink where you’re going you’ll be able to use your bottle at your final destination as well.
4. Snacks - Make sure to carry snacks with you. You may not like what they have on the plane and you don’t want to spend all your money on airport food. Some of my favorite things are chex mix, dried fruit, and gummy bears!
5. Blanket/Pillow - Long flights means you’re going to need to get comfortable. And getting comfortable requires a good neck pillow and a blanket (because sometimes airplanes can get cold). Plus there’s something about a blanket that always makes you feel more comfortable.
Bonus: Compression Socks - Don’t laugh but if you’re going to be sitting on a plane for an extended period of time, these are going to be your best friend! First off, you don’t want to have your shoes on the whole time and being barefoot on a plane is just gross. Secondly compression socks help with circulation which is needed if you’re sitting for long periods of time. Check out the cute compression socks Vim & Vigr sells here.
All of these things should definitely make your next trip very comfortable. What do you think? Which one of those items would be a must on your list? Anything else that you think should be added? Let me know in the comments below.
Single. LA Living. Loves: Traveling, Fashion, and Beauty. Has A Really Cute Doggy. Constantly Navigating my Crazy Thoughts on Dating and Men. Ready for the Journey?