One of the best ways for a new traveler to see the world is through a group tour. That’s how I started exploring the world. There are soo many different ones to choose from, but you have to make your group tour work for you! Here are some tips to do that below…
1. Choose the Right Tour Company - The are soo many different tour companies these days and you have to do your research and see what’s right for you. What do you want to get out of your trip? Do you want to party? Do you want a cultural experience? Do you want something fast paced? Slow paced? Make sure when choosing your tour and company you call and ask what the age range is of the tour. People in their earlier 20s tend to party more and it’s more fast paced. If the median age is 28+ chances are it’ll be a more cultural experience and not heavily focused on being fast paced and partying. Ex. I have done Contiki Tours and found that their European Tour was fast paced with the perfect amount of partying, Greek Islands Tour was definitely party based, and their Spain/Morocco Tour was a slower paced cultural experience. Same company different offerings. Just do your research! When I first started traveling I wasn’t aware of these things (especially when I was in Greece) hindsight I would’ve chosen a different company visiting their specifically or I would’ve gone on my own so that I could’ve really experienced more of the food and culture and history of Greece.
Here are some companies I recommend looking into for your next Tour Company Travel Adventure.
2. Make the Tour Work for You - Remember, just because you’re apart of a tour group doesn’t mean you have to be around them 24/7. There’s free time when you can explore whatever city you’re in on your own, at your pace, doing what you want. I highly recommend doing this!! You’ll spend a lot of time with your group (Usually Traveling by Bus) so it’s nice to get away.
3. Take Advantage of Your Tour Guide - They’re highly seasoned travelers so ask them questions so you have info for your next adventure. They love to chat and give information/tell stories about the different places they’ve been. It’s always great to have ideas and a plan for your next trip. And don’t forget to tip them! Their wealth of knowledge shouldn’t come for free!
4. Avoid Tour Group Drama - It’s going to happen, when you’re on a group tour and with soo many different people and personalities. So just avoid it and enjoy YOUR vacation.
5. Make New Friends - One of my favorite things about going on a tour is that you make new friends from around the world. By sharing the same adventure (and sometimes room), you become close to your fellow travelers allowing for fun memories and someone to reach out to when you’re wanting to go on another adventure. I love staying in contact with people I’ve met traveling, if I’m ever in their hometown or we happen to cross paths traveling again, I know I have someone to reach out too!
If you have a tour group you've traveled with that you absolutely LOVE or a fun group travel story, comment below. I'd love to hear!
Single. LA Living. Loves: Traveling, Fashion, and Beauty. Has A Really Cute Doggy. Constantly Navigating my Crazy Thoughts on Dating and Men. Ready for the Journey?
All And Stronger Bad@ss Women You Should Know About Boss Babe Businesses Empowered Fashion/Beauty Lifestyle Living Fearless Monthly Theme Random Thoughts Relevant Thoughts For Today's Modern Woman Travel