7/2/2018 0 Comments
Summertime is here, and your are off adventuring or at least thinking about your next adventure. In fact, you may have even decided to go with one of the ones in my article The Single Girls Guide to Doing Summer Right BUT now you’re encountering real problems - packing for your summer adventure! You don’t want to overpack (I definitely did this on my first European Adventure) but you want to make sure you have all the essentials. Don’t worry, I’m here to help you do just that. Use the list below to make sure you pack all the right things for your summer adventure.
Pick Out the Perfect Suitcase (To Put it All in Of Course!)
The suitcase I currently own is an Aimee Kestenberg 24” hardcase suitcase in marine python. What I LOVED about this suitcase was its hard body (to prevent liquid damage or bugs living on your bag), bright and fun colors (because who wants to travel with a boring black bag plus it’s easier to spot when collecting your luggage), and that it expanded (for when you inevitably over shop when you’re on your trip)! All important things to me when traveling. Especially the expanding zipper! I like to make sure I don’t use it when packing so that I know I have room to grow on my trip.
Pack the Perfect Outfits
You want to make sure you look cute on your trip but not at the expense of over-packing clothing wise. This is where battles are won and lost ladies! Here are some things I usually pack to make sure there are options but space in my suit case as well.
Rompers - It’s a t-shirt and shorts all at the same time! What could be better then that?
Sundresses - The perfect one and done look!
Jean Jacket - Versatile and perfect for those casual cool (temperature wise) evenings.
Lightweight Leather Jacket- Versatile and perfect for when you’re going out on those cooler nights.
Black or Neutral Going Out Dress - The perfect piece to have because you can wear again and again (Just pair with different jewelry).
Bathing Suits - Make sure you bring a couple because what’s a vacation if you aren’t lounging pool or beach side?
Undergarments - The more the better you may not be able to wash along the way.
Shoes - I like to bring a pair of heels (not too high though, you may not always be walking on well paved roads), tennis shoes, and flats.
Purse - It’s important to have the perfect day and night bag. Right now I’m obsessed with Saveida Sethi’s Sofiya Tote in Noir + Blanco as a day time bag. AND for the evening a classic clutch is always the perfect accessory!
Jewelry - Pack a couple of pieces but not all of your best ones - these should be your travel pieces. I like to bring two necklaces to put on in the evenings (I alternate) , one pair of neutral studs, and one versatile bracelet!
Misc Items - Pajamas, Sweatshirt, Socks, Hat, Lightweight Scarf, Leggings/Tights, Sunglasses
Don’t Forget Toiletries
Here’s my thought on toiletries, they take up ALOT of weight and space! So I like to purchase these when I get to my final destination (If I’m going somewhere where items are readily available) and toss them before I go home, I suggest you do this too! BUT Here’s something I never leave home without packing — FEMININE PRODUCTS. Wherever you’re going just may not have what you’re used to at home!
Pack the Make-Up Essentials
When I’m traveling, and typically at home too I’m not worried about wearing too much make-up. So I pack light, here are the basics I make sure I never leave home without.
Tinted SPF Moisturizer - I currently use Ultra HD Perfector Blurring Skin Tint with SPF 25
Mascara - I’ve tried several different ones but I keep going back too - Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Red Lipstick - My current favorite is Nars Dragon Girl Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
Highlighter - I’m LOVING Smashbox + Vlada’s Petal Metal Highlighter in Prismatic Pearl (Don’t forget to check out The Single (And Not So Single) Girls Guide to the Perfect Summer Glow)
These four categories should definitely help you make it to your final destination with you feeling stressed out about forgetting anything. Just remember though, these are the basics and really just the beginning to everything you need to pack for your perfect summer trip. Check back next week for Everything the Single (And Not So Single) Girl Needs to Know to Pack the Perfect Carry-On.
Was there anything I forgot? Let me know what you like to pack for your summer adventures below.
It’s OFFICIALLY summer and we all want to have healthy, glowing skin. I know I do! BUT the summertime can definitely take a toll on that. From the late nights, beach days, and rooftop drinking - It’s soo hard to make sure your skin stays looking refreshed!! Hard but definitely not impossible. Here are 5 things I’m doing to keep my skin looking great and glowing this summer.
1. Good Skincare Routine - Rodan + Fields
One of the keys to having AMAZING skin is a GREAT skincare routine. I swear by Rodan + Fields products. I use the Reverse Brightening system and LOVE it. They also have sunscreen and lip balm with SPF to add to your daily outdoor summertime routine as well.
2. Drink Plenty of Water - Healthish Water Bottle
With all of the fun you’ll be having out in the sun, make sure you keep yourself hydrated. It really is a very important key in making sure your skin stays looking AMAZING. Healthish Water bottle reminds you to drink throughout the day instead of waiting until your body is dehydrated. Here are some other reasons why drinking water is soo important from Healthish themselves…
3. Gemstones - Rose Quartz Roller from Jade Roller Beauty
I LOVE using natural remedies whenever I can. And according to Jade Roller Beauty “The act of rolling stimulates lymphatic drainage to bring about your most radiant complexion”. (My most radiant complexion?! LOVE it!) Rose Quartz also has other great properties here are some more facts from Jade Roller Beauty. "Rose Quartz is the “stone of universal love; restore trust and harmony; purifies and opens the heart; promotes love, self love, friendship, deep inner healing, and feelings of peace.” "
I don’t know about you, but I’ll take all the LOVE Vibes I can get, especially during summer time.
4. You Are What You Eat - Summertime Fruits
I LOVE all the different summertime fruits! And I LOVED them even more when I found that some of our favorite ones are great for GLOWING skin. Make sure you keep some of the below fruits around to snack on all summer long.
5. Literally Glow - Smashbox + Vlada Petal Metal Highlighter
This is my NEW FAVORITE HIGHLIGHTER and something EVERY girl should have in their make-up kit this summer. Put this on with a little mascara and lip gloss and you’re good to go! You’re already natural glow from doing steps 1-4 will just be a little more enhanced. My favorite shade is prismatic pearl.
What do you do to make sure your skin keeps its glow? Let me know below. Xoxo
6/17/2018 0 Comments
3. Themed Desserts - Nothing makes for a better party then having sweet treats on hand AND what’s better then a sweet treat to go with your theme! Sticking with our party themes above, here are some fun desserts you could possibly make.
4. Have a Good Party Game - You have to keep your guests entertained, so break out Cards Against Humanity or play that game where you can’t say a certain word the entire night (BUT have each of your guests choose a word to keep it interesting.) Or maybe try this game called Drama Queen that I found on partycurrent.com. Rules below…
Like Charades Relay, this game involves acting out life scenarios. This time, tailor them to be specific to your life.
For example – someone who loves the bar scene; or who works in a busy office; or who goes to the gym every day. Write out two identical lists.
5. Create a Signature Cocktail- EVERYONE is going to be talking about your party when they hear that not only did you have THEMED DESSERTS but a SIGNATURE COCKTAIL as well. It’s one thing to have wine and beer to share BUT you’ll be on a whole other level when you come out with cute themed cocktails. Here are some ideas sticking with our three themes.
If you end up throwing a fabulous summer soiree using any of these tips or have some to add, let me know! I’d love to hear!
6/12/2018 0 Comments
Not going away for the summer and need something new to do in your very own city? Take a look at the 7 activities below, even though these are specific to Los Angeles you may be able to find something similar in your city so that you can experience something a little different this summer.
Tip: If you’re super stumped on what to do, why don’t you try browsing through Air BNB Experiences? You’ll find many different activities that just might be fun enough to try!
1. Hike Runyon Canyon with a Rescue Dog - Don’t have your own doggy, why don’t you borrow a rescue to take on a hike? What’s great about this Air BNB experience is that the cost of your experience is donated to Free Animal Doctor . ALSO, all the cute photos you take will be used online to help your new furry friend find a loving home. Talk about a win win.
2. Catch a Show and Enjoy a Picnic at The Hollywood Bowl - If you haven’t experienced a show at The Hollywood Bowl, you MUST GO this summer. The bowl offers a wide range of shows —so at least one will fit what you’re looking to hear and see. Make sure you get there early to beat the traffic and relax with a glass of wine and picnic meal that you bring along. You won’t regret it!
3. Dance at a Silent Disco - Santa Monica Pier is offering different silent disco dance parties all summer long and, you HAVE TO GO! Experiencing a silent disco at least once in your life should be high on your priority list. If you’ve never been before here’s what you’re getting yourself into, everyone in attendance wears a pair of headphones and you have the option to listen to one of three different stations. BUT so does everyone else. That’s what makes things soo fun! If you don't have plans this Saturday (June 16th) you should go check it out!
4. Learn to Pole Dance - Want to keep your sexy vibe and look ALL SUMMER LONG? Well, take a pole dancing class! You’ll stay in great shape and it’ll help keep your confidence high all summer long. Here’s a great one to check out.
5. Learn to Surf At Venice Beach - I’ve lived in Southern California for almost all my life and I still don’t know how to surf. If you’re in the same boat as me, why don’t you learn this summer? This is one of the activities that can be found on Air BNB Experiences.
6. Must Have LA Pictures Photo Walk - Found this winner on Air BNB Experiences too! You may live in Los Angeles but that doesn’t mean that you know where all the best Instagram spots are. So, why should you have to settle for mediocre LA photos when you live here? You SHOULD NOT! LOL. You deserve good Instagram photos too! So why don’t you head over to the Air BNB app and check this tour out.
7. Watch an Outdoor Movie - There’s something about being underneath the stars and watching an outdoor movie that will always scream SUMMER FUN to me. Whether you do a rooftop show or one in the park, just make sure you do one that’s outdoors! Some of my favorites are Rooftop Cinema Club and Street Food Cinema.
Bonus Activity: Throw your own Summer Soiree! Give it a theme and keep the Frosé flowing ALL DAY/NIGHT LONG. Then make sure you come back next week where I give you tips on throwing THE PERFECT Summer Soiree.
What are some summer activities you're excited for this year?
Single. LA Living. Loves: Traveling, Fashion, and Beauty. Has A Really Cute Doggy. Constantly Navigating my Crazy Thoughts on Dating and Men. Ready for the Journey?
All And Stronger Bad@ss Women You Should Know About Boss Babe Businesses Empowered Fashion/Beauty Lifestyle Living Fearless Monthly Theme Random Thoughts Relevant Thoughts For Today's Modern Woman Travel